Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kwan Im Vegetarian Restaurant @ Waterloo Street - Bugis



Kwan Im Vegetarian Restaurant (Kwan Im Temple on the left)
A Vegetarian Restaurant operates by the South East Asia hotel just beside the famous Waterloo Kwan Im Temple in Bugis for many years ....

If you don't really pay attention, you will miss it. We had dined there before, that was 10 years ago. Till today, I have forgotten how the food tasted but what I remember was how surprise I was to bump into that my non-vegetarian colleagues bringing their oversea counterparts who were non vegetarians to this eatery.

Few years back, they have this banner - Thai Vegetarian Cuisine outside South East Asia Hotel and I was wondering where this eatery is. Not knowing, it is Kwan Im Vegetarian Restaurant which I always think that serves Traditional Chinese Vegetarian Food also serves Vegetarian Thai Cuisine too!

Last year, I bought some of their Vegetarian Dim Sum for a non-vegetarian friend. She was shocked that their Dim Sum taste real nice.  And the pricing was reasonable, therefore I would just pop by and buy some vegetarian dim sum or traditional pastry (veg*n) and keep for tea break or next day breakfast.
Water chestnut kueh, Eggless Ma Lai Guo and Char Siew Sou 
As I was rushing off to get more stuff and just brought few items - 2 pcs water chestnut kueh, 2 pcs Eggless Ma Lai Guo (Traditional Chinese Sponge Cake, which steamed) and 2 pcs Char Siew Sou (Vegetarian BBQ Pork Pastry) and it costs me S$5.

Where: Kwan Im Vegetarian Restaurant. 190 Waterloo Street. S187965. Tel: 6338 2394.
Website: www.seahotel.com.sg

5 comments:

Hungry Ang Mo said...

We were walking in Bugis, and stumbled upon this place. Been to Bugis many times, and never seen it! Have yet to eat there yet though!

Good review!

I will be trying it soon!

PS - You gone to Raj yet!?!?!?

Luke

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Luke :)

hmmm... Raj, not yet :)

Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

I like their Lao Po Bing (Wife biscuits?) ;-)

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi,

You are right :) I did try their Lo Po Bang (Wife's Biscuit) ... yummy ... so far, this is one of the places I know that I can get veg*n version and still delicious. Some non-veg version uses lard to make Lao Po Bing.

Cheers :)

PreferVege said...

I like their water chestnut kueh. Thanks for the recommendation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails