Monday, January 18, 2010

Piao Xiang Vegetarian Food @ Fortune Centre (Bugis)


My ex-classmate happened to work near Bugis area and therefore she recommends we have lunch during her lunch hour at Fortune Centre.  Her recommendation was  Piao Xiang Vegetarian Food (@ Level 2) since we had tried Create Healthy Lifestyle, New Green Pasture Cafe, Vegetarian Health Food in Fortune Centre.

Frankly speaking, I hardly go to Level 2 at Fortune Centre even I knew there is 3 vegetarian eateries there. Main reason is that I find the place very cram and quite crowded during lunch time, so I would usually give it a miss, more over there are other vegetarian eateries in the same building do offer reasonably tasty vegetarian food.  
Menu ...
AND therefore, yesterday was  my first visit to Piao Xiang Vegetarian Food at level 2. Was wondering how and what to order.  Quite embarrassing,  my non-vegetarian ex-classmate has to orientate me, pointing to the menu on the table and told me someone will come to take our order and serve the food.

She even told me there is another Piao Xiang Vegetarian at Level 1 facing waterloo street (Stamford Arts Centre). HA! I didn't even know about it, blur me.  Again another vegetarian eateries  I always miss in Fortune Centre even I need has to pass by it when I am going to Fortune Centre.  I guess, mainly, the eatery did not have made itself prominent enough or offering unique dishes or catch my attention or offer more than other eateries  besides food even it has a good location.

Looking at the menu, I was quite unsure what to order and how should I go about reading it. From top to bottom or is there any soupy noodle or is there any good recommendation menu for 2 pax, so that we don't need to crack our head on what to order as we have such a short period of time for lunch and wanted so much to chat?  At that point, I overheard the staff telling the next table - claypot rice.  So, I ordered claypot rice and my ex-classmate order Pineapple Fried Rice to save all the hassle and we started chatting.

Pineapple Fried Rice with Mock Floss @ S$3.50 
Claypot Rice with Tofu, Chestnut, Brocoli etc @ S$ forgotten, oops
So, don't ask me whether the food is delicious or not, because my focus was not on food but on our conversation. However, the price is reasonable and I finished the food.  When we have finished our lunch, we went over to another cafe for coffee and tea and continue with our chatting ...

Where: Piao Xiang Vegetarian Food. 190 Middle Road. #02-18 Fortune Centre. S188979. Tel: 6337 7178

2 comments:

Hungry Ang Mo said...

Fortune Centre is such a great great place to go! Amazing how there is some many vegetarian eateries in one place!

Good post!

Luke

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

You are right :) With lots of choices and just amazing.

Thank you Luke :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails