Saturday, March 20, 2010

How did I ended up in Friar's in "Far Far Away" Land ...

"Far Far Away" Land
I was at Universal Studios Singapore Soft Opening on 18 March 2010 and had a rather disappointed discovery at Discovery Food Court in "The Lost World" Attraction (here was what happened - no vegetarian food where there was an indication of vegetarian choices on the Studio Guide).  
Anyway, I was "rescued" by a proactive guy at Discovery Food Court and he directed me to Friars in "Far Far Away" and I dined alone. 
It was raining ... Friar @ "Far Far Away" Land ... 

Menu on the Wall ... 
In Friars' Good Food, the vegetarian choice was Roast Veg Combo ($8.80) which was a Roasted Vege Wrap with freshly made potato chips (delicious and aromatic) and come with a drink.  Want a hot beverage instead, I top up with 20cents for a hot Cappuccino Nestle.


The decor of the Friars is unique and fun, with alfesco dinning area with a Fairy  Land Vibe. The service was excellent, it is serving fast and quick food on the go.  However, there were limited choices even if I wanted to have more food and willing to spend.  In way, it dampened my mood and became a problem in filling my stomach after the rides and shows.
 Roast Veg Combo ($8.80 or $9.00 (w hot beverage)) 
 What's inside the Wrap? Roasted Vege ... 
 Fantastic Freshly made Potato Chips ... 
 Hot Cappuccino Nestle in paper cup ... 
Singapore is a Vegetarian Food Paradise with over 500 vegetarian eateries establishments and some non-vegetarian eateries with a vegetarian menu, yet the quality and choices of vegetarian option was rather badly reflected.  With the current growing trend of millions and millions of vegetarian/vegan globally who might visit Singapore as a Tourist, Universal Studios Singapore is not that vegetarian friendly yet.
No doubt, I am pleased to spot the Vegetarian Choice on the Legend list and enjoyed the friendly and proactive customer service. I would think the visit to Universal Studio for vegetarian (the vegetarian population in Singapore is growing) should be a rewarding experience including dinning too.




Comparing to my previous experience in finding Vegetarian Food in Tokyo Disney Land and Korea Everland Resort few years back, I am happy to spot that the restaurants listed (Universal Studios Singapore) in each different Attractions having a little "Tree" or "Broccoli" which indicates that there is a Vegetarian option!  Therefore, I took the troubles writing a long feedback to Resorts World and I am glad that they had acknowledged my feedback.  
Will I visit them again, yes when there are more vegetarian choices! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails